CAAE is the premiere organization dedicated to the advancement of the invaluable alumni relations profession. Our membership is comprised of the chief alumni officers of the largest and most influential alumni associations representing the world’s leading research universities in the USA, Canada and the UK. CAAE members and their institutions benefit from the wealth of knowledge exchange, peer networking and professional development opportunities, including:
- Industry insights and resources
- Industry thought-leadership
- Professional development opportunities
- Unparalleled professional network
Membership to CAAE is institutional and the chief alumni relations officer represents each institution. Eligibility is comprised of minimum thresholds and select criteria, as determined by the Membership Committee of the Association.
To apply for membership, an institution must:
- Be a four-year, higher education institution with the Carnegie Classification (or country equivalent) of:
- R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity
- R2: Doctoral Universities – High research activity
- D/PU: Doctoral/Professional Universities
- Have a distinct alumni relations operation with an identified chief alumni relations officer, even if the alumni relations operation is part of a combined advancement organization;
Prospective institutional members also must meet three of the following four criteria:
- There are at least 100,000 addressable alumni of the institution.
- The distinct alumni relations operation must have at least 8 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees performing primarily alumni relations functions and reporting up to the chief alumni officer
- The distinct alumni relations operation has at least $1M in annual expenditures managed by the chief alumni officer
- The institution is classified by the U.S. Department of Education as a Minority Serving Institution
Fees & Expectations
Annual dues are USD$2,500 paid in September; members who join between March and August pay pro-rated dues of USD$1,250.
Members are expected to attend two institutes annually, winter and summer, or two days each in the company of your industry colleagues.
Members are expected to participate in CAAE’s annual, comprehensive census and salary surveys.
How to Join
Caroline Ezeunala at (202) 478-5663 or email@example.com.